Staff Automation Engineer, Equipment Engineering
Singapore, Singapore – ams-OSRAM AG
What we expect
- Software design, development and deployment of industrial automation and process equipment to meet the specifications for a Smart Factory Operations and to fulfill product launch and volume ramp requirements in a high-volume high-mix manufacturing environment.This function will engage with NPI team, Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering, IT and Production team from early Proof-Of-Concept development to a full functional system implementation for mass manufacturing.
- Gather and document user’s requirements and specifications for the software design, development and operation of a Smart Factory Automation for Industry 4.0.
- Create Smart Factory Automation project charter and packages which cover project goals, design, scope benefits, schedules milestones, risk identification mitigation, stakeholders responsibilities, constraints.
- Conduct and participate in regular meetings and discussions with cross-functional stakeholders (internal) and vendors (external) for presentation, project planning, technical design review, status update, execution progress, incident reports (8D), cross-function coordination.
- Contribute significantly to the holistic design of a fully functional Smart Factory Automation systems from the front-end to back-end processes using industrial Robots/Cobots, Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR), Auto Retrieval System (ARS), Conveyors, E-Rack, ASD/RTD, MES, Equipment host server. This includes both hardware and software aspects of the design.
- Quantify, model, simulate, validate and implement best-in-class automation key performance indicators and practices for safety, system optimization, maintainability reliability, throughput cycle time, best AMR travel mapping, utilization, availability, batch processing, loading ratio, etc. to support just-in-time production volume targets.
- Design and develop control system, upgrades and modification packages to enhance the capabilities of existing factory automation and equipment for the smart factory system integration.
- Work very closely with vendors as per requirements on the system designs, fabrication, delivery schedule, quality, safety standard compliance, performance, optimization, setup and buy-off.
- Focus on equipment / process control systems design objectives such as: optimization, efficient algorithms, software engineering, highest reliability and maintainability.
- Ensure compliance with Operational Health and Safety for all machines hardware and electronics/electrical systems.
- Create and submit SOP and OCAP documents for new and upgraded systems. Organize trainings for operators and technicians.
Who we are looking for
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science. Otherwise capable of demonstrating personal successful real-world experience and achievements in software development and deployment for industrial automation and Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics. Otherwise, capable of demonstrating significant real-world personal experience and achievements in industrial automation and/or smart factory design, development and deployment.
- 10 years Industrial Automation, Electrical, Electronics or Control Systems engineering and design experience in highly automated mass-manufacturing environment
- Experience in Smart Factory Automation for Industry 4.0 is highly regarded.
- Control software design and development in PLC and PC platforms
- Good experience in Process Equipment OEMs or suppliers of Factory Automation will be considered
- Possess solid knowledge, skills and experience to be major contributor to smart factory automation design, development and deployment.
- Skills and knowledge in mechanical designs and development for automated material handling systems using robots, AMR, motor air cylinder actuators, sensors, jig fixtures, Solidworks/AutoCAD are highly desirable.
- Software programming and computer/device networking (.Net, C#, VB.Net, Python, SQL, RESTful, JSON, PLC, TCP/IP, network routing, Profibus, DeviceNet, etc.) will be greatly advantageous.
Suki Kee will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.
|Experience level:||Experienced Professional (>8 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Remote work:||Not Specified|
|Business unit:||ams OSRAM|