Senior System Solution Engineer
Novi, Michigan, United States – OSRAM OS San Jose
What we expect
Provide technical support to ams OSRAM’s existing and potential new customers for our various electro-optical semiconductor components.The focus is on growth applications for 3D and distance sensing in automotive and industrial. Applications which you will support include autonomous driving, cleaning robots, 3D object recognition and other IR based applications.
As an SSE, you will be the main technical contact to the customer and Sales to scope and drive the technical discussions, including the coordination of the internal cross functional experts to answer the technical issues during the demand creation and design-in processes. Coordinate and support concept level designs involving electrical, thermal, and optical aspects of laser and IR LED systems and modules. Closely work with ams OSRAM’s Marketing and Sales teams to identify customer needs and prepare required deliverables to better serve customers. Identify new opportunities, propose solutions using ams OSRAM’s products, and approach potential customers jointly with Marketing and Sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide application support to ams OSRAM’s existing customers and cultivate new relationships with new customers and partners by developing design proposals, hardware mock-ups, and any technical material. Some of the tasks may include electrical circuit design, executing simulations, and lab testing where appropriate.
- Create a deep technical system understanding by investigating relevant system approaches to figure out benefits and drawbacks of different solutions. This would include evaluating existing customer solutions and making proposals for improvements.
- Establish relationship with the other system component players in the assigned field and understand their capabilities and strategies and potentially create a partner network for the benefit of ams OSRAM.
- Identify and develop innovative applications for ams Osram laser and IR LED products. Extract and communicate key technical requirements for new laser and IR LED product ideas from the customers and market for the assigned applications. Work closely with the Product Management and RD teams on new product designs.
- Develop laser and IR LED application documentations including design guidelines, reference designs, applications notes and design tools.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to develop and execute product and application solution promotion plans and provide technical product and application training
- Promote ams OSRAM laser and IR LED technologies through industry technical committees, technical conferences, internal events and tradeshows.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's, Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Optoelectonics, or Physics
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in developing electronics systems or applications, preferably LED / IR LED /Laser based, practical experience with product, module and/or system evaluations.
- Understanding of light emitting semiconductor devices and their characteristics (LEDs, lasers and photodetectors)
- Basic understanding of imager technologies for 3D sensing would be helpful
- Understanding of thermal management concepts and photometry of optoelectronics devices considered to be definite assets
- Experience with interfacing with customers, presenting at conferences, and technical writing are key assets for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent working style
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of time
John Bradley will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Phone: +1 469 2984297
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.
|Experience level:||Experienced Professional (>8 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Remote work:||Not Specified|
|Business unit:||Opto Semiconductors (OS)|
|Organization:||OSRAM OS San Jose|