Hillsboro, New Hampshire, United States – OSI USA Danvers
What we expect
Sylvania is the dominant player in the NAFTA Automotive Aftermarket. The Sales and Marketing Team has built this advantageous position with an unrelenting focus on serving our customers. Perennial success comes from layered well-tuned omni-centric marketing plan, combined with superior products and best in class sales/customer service. This is truly a sales and marketing team, with all key personnel working together under a common Director. Expectations are high for the position and for the team.
The Graphic Designer plays a key creative project-based role within the Hillsboro, NH Marketing team(this can be a remote position if within a couple hours of our headquarters). The team acts as an in-house agency and is responsible for all aspects of marketing - catering to sales, product management, retail customers, and overall business and consumer needs. The Graphic Designer reports to the Creative Manager and will use their skills and broad-based creative marketing experience to independently execute a wide range of creative initiatives while meeting critical deadlines.
- Packaging/Instruction Manuals: Work with Creative Manager to design, rework as needed copy/creative/etc., produce, and update SYLVANIA packaging and instruction manuals to accurately communicate product features and specifications and maintain brand integrity. Manage packaging processes and workflow; packaging updates in support of ongoing business needs will be the Graphic Designer's top priority (typically small changes).
- POP/POS Materials: Conceptualize, design, and deliver marketing collateral for in-store point-of-purchase retail signage and merchandising. Design with an understanding of the consumer in shopper mode, overall category dynamics, retailer guidelines/requirements, and shopper path-to-purchase.
- Marketing + Training Materials: Coordinate, design and produce high-quality, persuasive marketing and retailer employee training materials, maintaining consistency across web and retail platforms. Collaborate with a cross-functional team including Product Managers, Marketing and Sales to deliver best-in-class materials.
- E-commerce Content: Design online marketing assets for retailer websites and Sylvania-automotive.com as well as Amazon A+ content, focusing on web design best practices and delivering mobile-first designs to inform and engage online shoppers.
- Video: Make edits to existing video assets for social media, tradeshows, retailer employee training, and more. Merge content from multiple sources and add typography, graphics, voiceover, sound effects, and music to create high-quality videos.
- Copywriting: Supplement existing marketing messaging with creative copywriting that articulates product and brand stories - nice to have with comfort for minor edits.
- Project Management: Learn and become a champion for our project management tool, Monday.com, following existing project workflow and making recommendations for improvement. Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to collaborate on marketing materials and tactics, ensuring they support the brand and organization. Be comfortable working independently and managing daily workload to meet deadlines as dictated by business priorities.
- Vendors: Maintain relationships with current vendors to coordinate/track projects and ensure timelines are met and deliverables are provided accurately.
- File Management: Efficiently manage file organization and ensure accurate documentation of all design files and proofs in relevant internal and external systems. Follow correct file naming conventions as required by retailers or vendors.
Who we are looking for
- BS/BFA degree plus minimum 3 years Graphic Design experience required to be proficient in the role ndash; agency or corporate experience is a plus.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects and/or Premiere Pro (or a willingness to learn)
- Nice to have:
- Adobe XD
- Substance 3D
- Digital Asset Management systems
- AI systems experience
- Microsoft Office experience (Required):
- A portfolio that showcases strong graphic design, typography, layout, and analytical/problem-solving skills. The portfolio should demonstrate:
- Experience working directly with clients (internal or external).
- Consumer point of view: always keeping the consumer's needs at the forefront.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be a resourceful, technically savvy, and detail-oriented team player who has had success in working with cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills to deliver against necessary timelines, strong decision-making skills, collaborative, dependable, and strong integrity.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to receive different points of view/constructive feedback and provide a strong rationale to influence change.
- Perform research and analysis on current market competitors to inform design decisions.
ams OSRAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact us at HRServices@osram.com for assistance
Curtis Cardwell will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.
|Experience level:||Professional (> 3 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Remote work:||Not Specified|
|Business unit:||Automotive (AM)|
|Organization:||OSI USA Danvers|