Business Development Manager / Product Marketing - Off-Road Lighting
Hillsboro, New Hampshire, United States – OSI USA Danvers
What we expect
OSRAM SYLVANIA a global leader with 100+ years of automotive lighting expertise, is dedicated to delivering cutting-edge lighting products and solutions that enrich people's lives by enhancing how people see the world. We are seeking an experienced and results-oriented Business Development Manager to lead our efforts in expanding our off-road lighting product portfolio. By joining our team, you will play a pivotal role in driving growth and innovation in our product portfolio for the off-road lighting market. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in the automotive off-road industry, as well as strong business case development, product, sales and marketing skills.
As the Business Development Manager for Off-Road lighting at OSRAM Sylvania, you will be responsible for creating and executing strategies tied to strong business cases to expand our presence in the off-road lighting market. As a key role within the North Ameria Product Line Management team, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help establish product roadmaps, establish partnerships, and achieve sales targets. This role requires a deep understanding of the off-road market, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a track record of driving successful business development initiatives.
- Market Analysis: Conduct thorough market research to identify market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape within the off-road industry. Translate insights into actionable strategies that drive business growth. Lead with cross-functional team: Size of the Prize (market size, likelihood of success, profit margin level, competitor assessment), Fit (consumer fit, brand equity fit, company fit, differentiation), Right to Win/Feasibility (innovation rate, level of technology), Consumer (compelling consumer need and vs. competition, habit change), Business Model (capital intensity, commercialization), Technical (commercialization requirements, technical right to win, technical resource level)
- Business Strategy: Develop and execute comprehensive business development plans that align with company goals and are supported with full analyses and strong rationale. Identify new business opportunities, create market entry strategies, and leverage existing networks to gain a competitive edge.
- Client Engagement: Cultivate and maintain relationships with existing clients while actively seeking new partnerships. Understand client requirements and present tailored lighting solutions that demonstrate the value of OSRAM Sylvania's off-road lighting products.
- Partnerships and Alliances: Collaborate with distribution partners, retailers, and industry stakeholders to establish strategic partnerships that enhance product visibility and market reach.
- Product Development: Collaborate closely with product management and engineering teams (located in the US, Germany, and China) to drive the development of innovative off-road LED-based lighting products. Ensure that products meet market demands and align with customer expectations. Experience with NPD stage gate, SCRUM, or similar process is a must.
- Sales Performance: Lead the sales process, from prospecting to deal closure. Prepare compelling presentations, proposals, and negotiations that showcase the unique benefits of OSRAM Sylvania's products.
- Marketing Support: Work with the marketing team to research, plan, and execute successful product launches and promotional campaigns. Partner and align on inputs for marketing materials and messaging to effectively communicate product value to new customers.
- Sales Analytics: Monitor sales performance metrics, analyze data, and provide regular reports to management. Use insights to refine strategies and optimize business development efforts.
- Industry Expertise: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, technological advancements, and competitor activities. Share insights with internal teams to inform product development and strategy adjustments.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or a related field (MBA degree preferred).
- 10+ years of experience in business development, sales, or related roles within the automotive off-road industry, preferably with a focus in off-road lighting products.
- Experience in New/Innovative product development.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of off-road lighting products, applications, and industry trends.
- Proven success in creating and executing business development strategies.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with industry stakeholders.
- Results-driven, self-motivated, and capable of working independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and CRM software.
- Willingness to travel to industry events, trade shows, and client meetings.
If you are passionate about off-road lighting products, eager to contribute to the growth of a global lighting leader, and excited about shaping the future of our products, we encourage you to join our team at OSRAM Sylvania. Take the lead in driving innovation and excellence within the off-road lighting segment!
ams OSRAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact us at HRServices@osram.com for assistance
Curtis Cardwell will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.
|Experience level:||Experienced Professional (>8 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Remote work:||Not Specified|
|Business unit:||Automotive (AM)|
|Organization:||OSI USA Danvers|